Terms & Conditions.
Hawthorne Group Limited and/or its authorised agents (“Hawthorne Group” or “we” or “us” or “our”) provides this warranty (“Warranty”) for its products that have been purchased from within New Zealand.
The benefits provided in this Warranty are in addition to other rights and remedies of a consumer under the New Zealand Consumer Guarantees Act (1993), and any other laws in relation to the products to which this Warranty relates.
The full Hawthorne Group New Zealand Warranty is set out below:
Hawthorne Group provides this warranty for its products that have been purchased within New Zealand. This Warranty is subject to the Consumer Guarantees Act. The Warranty period commences from the date of sale:
- - 5 years for frames in sofas, ottomans and armchairs for manufacturing defects and workmanship.
- - 2 years for fabric, leather and foam for manufacturing defects and workmanship, including upholstery furniture coverings, foam and finishings (stitching, glue, nails and tacks)
- - 1 year for furniture and homewares and any other product, which Hawthorne Group identifies in writing as attaching this Warranty, for manufacturing defects and workmanship
This Warranty covers the replacement or repair of any product that has a manufacturing or material defect that is not the result of normal wear or tear, or a natural characteristic of the material used. This Warranty is not transferable and does not cover products used for commercial purposes.
Where Hawthorne Group Warranty does not apply:
This Warranty does not apply to any products sold as ‘originals’, or ‘seconds’, items sold overseas, used floor stock (demonstration), repaired products or products that have a defect that has been highlighted prior to purchase.
In addition, this Warranty will not apply if:
- - Repairs to a product have been made or attempted by a service provider other than one approved by Hawthorne Group.
- - The product has not been used or maintained in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions as provided with the product.
- - The customer uses the product in an abnormal manner, for example: if the product is abused, misused, dropped, crushed, impacted with any hard surface, exposed to extreme heat (including fire) or cold, not maintained properly or used after partial failure
- - Fading of leather and other animal products if used in an area exposed to direct sunlight due to New Zealand’s harsh UV rays.
- - The product has been modified, incorrectly adjusted or operated, subjected to incorrect or inconsistent electrical supply or used with inappropriate accessories.
- - The product is tampered with in any way.
- - The products serial number, as applied by the manufacturer, has been altered or removed from the product.
Additional rights under Consumer Law:
In addition to the Hawthorne Group Warranty, our products come with statutory consumer guarantees that cannot be excluded. The rights afforded to you by these guarantees are separate to your rights under the Warranty.
You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure. You are also entitled to have products repaired or replaced if the products fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure. To the extent that they are compatible with the Consumer Law, the exclusions and provisions that apply to the Warranty apply to these guarantees.
If there is a major failure with the product, you are entitled to:
- - Reject the product and get a refund.
- - Reject the product and get an identical replacement, or one similar in value if reasonably available.
2. Wholesale logins
We are wholesalers only, and sell directly to retailers, resellers, stockists and members of the trade only. Please contact us to find a stockist or designer near you.
All pricing is subject to change without notice due to fluctuations of international exchange rates and changes in freight charges from our providers.
4. Full Terms and Conditions
Click the link to get the full terms and conditions.