Good quality, full grain leather recognises that each piece is unique. It doesn’t try to disguise or cover-up the individual markings and variations. Instead, full grain leather pays homage to the inherent and beautiful markings, which are simply a result of life led by the animal.
To prolong the life of your leather furniture
- Depending on usage, your leather furniture should be conditioned every 3-6 months.
- Specially formulated Paul Ford Leather Conditioner can be purchased directly from furniture wholesaler, Hawthorne Collections.
- Email: [email protected]
- Phone: 09 296 5804.
We also recommend
Keep your furniture out of direct sunlight, New Zealand has some of the harshest and most damaging UV rays in the world, prolonged exposure to direct sunlight will have an adverse effect.
Dust your furniture on a regular basis with a soft cloth or vacuum with a soft brush, dust and hair overtime will breakdown the leather
Immediately clean any spills using a slightly damp cloth, be careful not to rub or use excessive amounts of water.
Do not use household cleaning products including detergents, oils, furniture polish and saddle soap on your leather furniture, and keep products containing ammonia or alkalies away from your furniture as it can damage leather beyond repair.
If you use a recommended semi-aniline leather-cleaning product, always pay careful attention to the instructions and test it on an inconspicuous area first.
A recommended semi-aniline leather protection cream can be applied to offer more protection against staining and scratching but this may alter the colour of the leather slightly. When applying recommended creams always pay careful attention to the instructions and test on an inconspicuous area first.
Natural wood changes over time, and may display small splits, divets, knots, joint lines, or other features that add to the character of your piece, without affecting its quality or performance.
Furniture made from natural wood may also shift slightly as the temperature and humidity changes, causing the timber to expand and contract. This is normal and should be expected from season to season, especially in the ever-changing New Zealand climate.
To prolong the life of your timber furniture
- For peace of mind, and to prolong the life of your timber furniture we recommend the using Golden Care Transparent Teak/Hardwood Shield every 12 months, or 6 months in high usage cases.
- This will create an almost invisible barrier, while still keeping the natural timber look, but making it difficult for liquids like wine, olive oil or butter to seep into and stain your timber furniture.
- Suitable for both indoor and outdoor Teak and hardwood furniture, Golden Care Transparent Shield also contains an in-built mould and mildew inhibitor.
- Golden Care Transparent Teak/Hardwood Shield can be purchased from Mitre 10.
- Any spills should be cleaned with a clean, damp cloth.
We also recommend
Using tablecloths, table runners, coasters and placemats to help protect surfaces against heat and scratching.
Always lift timber furniture when moving it. Do not drag, or push as this could loosen joinery and damage your piece.
Dusting regularly with a soft cloth or similar duster.
Avoid using furniture polish or waxes that contain high levels of silicon or petroleum distillate which can damage the surface.
Avoid direct sunlight, as this will cause the wood to crack or splinter and potentially change the colour. If the furniture is in a sunny location move items like vases regularly to avoid spotting.
For extra peace of mind you can apply a wax or sealer to your furniture, however, some waxes can alter the colour of timber furniture by accentuating different colour tones.
When applying recommended products always pay careful attention to the instructions and test on an inconspicuous area first.
To help protect against your fabric furniture against wear and tear, stains, bacteria and colour fade, Hawthorne Collections recommends the services of Premium Service Protection.
- Unlike other fabric guards, the products used by Premium Surface Protection are professionally applied and provide permanent protection with only a single application, while still making regular professional cleaning a possibility.
- The unique and world-leading products used by Premium Surface Protection create a barrier to help protect the fibers of your fabric furniture against harmful grit and soil abrasions without altering the colour, texture or feel.
- Non-toxic and non-allergenic Premium Surface Protection will ensure that the perfect product for your furniture and your lifestyle is used.
We also recommend
Regularly vacuuming your furniture with a soft upholstery attachment, as dirt combined with body moisture can discolour fabric.
Vacuuming will also remove grit that can wear away the fabric.
Periodically rotating cushions and pillows, to minimise signs of wear and loss of shape.
Not placing your upholstered furniture in direct sunlight or near sources of heat or moisture.
Removing any loose threads by gently cutting them rather pulling them.
Only ever spot clean in a blotting motion, rather than scrubbing motion, working your way from the outside towards the middle of the soiled area which will help minimise the appearance of rings.
Any fabric cleansers or protectors should always be tested in an inconspicuous area before applying across the entirety of your furniture.
As a porous material with a natural organic appearance, concrete furniture will overtime age and develop it’s own unique character.
Hairline cracks, and small divets are a natural part of the products aging process, and will not affect its quality or performance, and are not considered defects.
*Please refer to the timber components of your furniture.
To prolong the life of your concrete furniture
- Depending on usage, your concrete furniture (indoor & outdoor) should be conditioned every 6-12months.
- Specially formulated, Golden Care Natural & Composite Stone Protector can be purchased directly from furniture wholesaler, Hawthorne Collections.
- Email: [email protected]
- Phone: 09 296 5804
- Golden Care Natural & Composite Stone Protector helps to prevent stains, minimises weathering & helps to maintain that new stone look for longer.
We also recommend
Do not use any abrasive materials or cleaning products with solvents, to clean your concrete surfaces use a damp cloth or soft sponge.
For outdoor furniture, do not use a high-pressure powered pressure washers, for most applications a garden nozzle will be enough pressure to clean the furniture.
Always clean up spills as soon as possible, using mild soapy water and a soft cloth.
Do not drag furniture as this could cause irreparable damage to the table, instead lift into position using at least 2 people, more if you are attempting to manoeuvre through doorways and around tight corners.
Each and every rug is hand-finished with a deliberate distressed look and distinctive tonal fading, and as a result minor variations may be evident in the design and construction.
To prolong the life of your rug
To help protect against your floor rug against wear and tear, stains, bacteria and colour fade, Hawthorne Collections recommends the services of Premium Service Protection.
- Unlike other fabric guards, the products used by Premium Surface Protection are professionally applied and provide permanent protection with only a single application, while still making regular professional carpet cleaning a possibility.
- The unique and world-leading products used by Premium Surface Protection create a barrier to help protect the fibers of your rug against harmful grit and soil abrasions without altering the colour, texture or feel of your rug.
- Non-toxic and non-allergenic Premium Surface Protection will ensure that the perfect product for your rug and your lifestyle is used.